What does a Ultrasound Technician major in & what university should i apply in?

I am a student in high school and very interested in becoming a Ultrasound Technician, but I do not know what subject to major in or what University to apply to. And also how many years would it take to get your bachelor degree. thank you for much !


  1. that’s not a real university/college major

  2. Ultrasound Technician requirements vary from state to state. However here is the norm:

    Complete an accredited vocational or community college 2-year degree program for Ultrasound Technology.

    Check to be sure your program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, http://www.caahep.org.

    Register as a professional Ultrasound Technologist with the American Radiological and Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS) Association once you’ve graduated. Your college will have info for you on this part.

    Apply for positions within hospitals and private practice physician offices. Hospitals are the best place to start, as hours and pay is more flexible.

    You will start by assisting an existing sonographer. It is one of the few tests that most patients enjoy, as they can view the results, real-time, on a monitor.

    Being friendly and helpful will really give you an advantage. And, you can learn a lot by just assisting the present personnel. People who do it enjoy it, which, to me, makes it a great job to have.


Powered by Yahoo! Answers