MRI and radiologist whats the different?

i m planning to go MRI school but i heard is hard to find a job with out taking a Radiologie it s that true? and i m really confused does any one know whats the different betwen MRI and Radiologist?


  1. A radiologist is a medical doctor who specializes in interpreting the results of imaging techniques such as x-rays, CT scans, and MRIs (MRI stands for magnetic resonance imaging, a method of studying the interior of the body using magnetic fields).

    I think what you’re talking about is becoming a radiology technician. These are not medical doctors but are trained to actually do the imaging that the doctors study. If you need an x-ray, it is a radiology technician that you will deal with at the lab.

    MRI, as a said, is a technique, not a profession. If you become a radiology technician, you can then do further study to specialize in doing MRIs. But, unless there is a specialized program where you live to become an MRI technologist, I suspect you first have to do a general radiology technology program before you can work with MRI.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers